Friday, October 07, 2005

Moments

So, I was writing an entry yesterday, and then the computer froze. I lost it all. That is why I had been writing in Microsoft Word, before the computer crash that forced us to get a new computer. I only have a limited number of thoughts in my head, you know. If I keep losing them like this...

I don't really know what I want to write about today, though. The boys? An obvious place to start, of course. But what area? What wonderful story to share? How do I begin to catalog our days?

Erik is a science nut right now. He loves the InquisiKids Discover&Do Science DVD. Clip #52 is one of his favorite on the DVD. He watches the DVD daily, and we do experiments as much as possible. Of course he can tell us about all that are on the DVD. But what I love is how he makes up his own experiments. He titles them, uses similar terminology (such as "As you can see,") and categorizes them ("This is Science with Water.")

We're taking a bold step, and planning a small science birthday party for him this year. The boldness comes in because Erik has a tendency to focus on something to obsession, learn all about it, then drop it. I'm hoping the field of science and children's experiments will hold out for another month and a half!

No comments: