Monday, December 19, 2005

New Shoes


Anders has only worn soft shoes (Robeez and others) to this point. Currently he had 2 different pairs.

On Friday, we left one pair at the childcare for Mother's Council (a mother's group at a local church)... and his second pair was MIA. We decided it was a good time to get him his first real shoes.

I printed out a chart online from Stride rite to get a feel for his size, and to see if he was a wide width as I suspected. He was, so we went to the local Stride Rite on Saturday morning.

We got the cutest pair of brown shoes for him, size 6.5. He did measure in a wide, but they didn't have the shoes we wanted in a wide in his size. However, the kind we got fit him just fine in a regular width (leading us to ask the question "why did we just spend $50 on a pair of shoes for a baby, when we didn't even need the wide width??" )

He was so funny walking in them--they are clearly different than walking in soft shoes, as he toddled around like I have never seen him do. I thought I would be sad as we left that part of his babyhood behind... but he is so adorable in his new shoes! My little baby is growing up. It's a good thing they stay so cute.

No comments: