Sunday, May 10, 2009

Kansas

The drive from Boulder to near Kansas City was our longest day. And anyone who has ever driven on 70 across Kansas will know that it's not a particularly exciting drive. 626 miles of, well, boring. By this point the kids were pretty good at driving for the day without driving us crazy, and it wasn't as bad as we thought it might be.

We arrived at Rebecca's house a little groggy, but enjoyed playing outside to unwind and get ready for dinner. L (almost 7) and J (almost 4) were great fun for the kids to play with, and though Rebecca criticized her dinner, I thought it was wonderful.

The next day was Mother's Day, and Sunday. We went to church in the morning, played around after church outside, watched a movie to rest, then had more friends over for a barbeque and fun. It rained on our plans, though, so Eric had to grill outside, and we just hung out inside. The food was great, though! I get hungry just thinking of the potato salad. We met Talitha's kids, 4 more whose ages and initials I know I won't get right.





Anders prefers to use the swings to spin and do crazy tricks




It was a wonderful time, and it was hard to leave the next day.

No comments: