- So many wonderful local and organic fruits and vegetables, including peaches, grapes, strawberries, raspberries, pluots, apples; bell peppers, tomatoes, bok choy, lettuce, beets... and more that I didn't have the strength to carry.
- Walking around with my boys enjoying the beautifully sunshiny fall morning.
- Splurging on two loaves of gluten free fresh bread from OctoberFeast--buckwheat and sourdough. (It's not perfect gluten-free bread, as I think it's a little dry. But it's better than the frozen kind we can buy in the stores, and I didn't have to make it myself!)
- Indulging even more, and buying a whole rotisserie chicken from RoliRoti. That is good chicken!
- Sitting down and eating our fruit and bread, and then watching the boys dance to the musicians' music.
- Walking across the street to support the local elementary school and buy a few books at their yard sale.
- Being a part of the community and seeing one family from Anders's preschool.
I think my favorite was watching the boys dance around. I also have a short list of "not my favorite" moments:
- Seeing Anders fall off the wall where he was walking. (thankfully, he was caught by a nice dad on the other side)
- Having CeeCee be grumpy for a good 30 minutes for some unknown reason. Unknown, that is, until I changed her diaper and realized she was really wet. That solved the issue, and she settled down immediately.
No comments:
Post a Comment