Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's far too late...

I should be asleep now. It's 12:30 am. Everyone in my house is asleep, including the baby on my lap, who fell asleep at least 30 minutes ago. I'm not really interested in anything online tonight.

So, why am I still awake? We had the fundraising auction for Erik's school tonight. My first fundraising event as a parent. It was quite fun. We got the items we really wanted, bid on quite a few others, enjoyed good conversation and food, and surprisingly had no wine, even though there was plenty. I had fun dressing up, and actually doing my hair (though I didn't get a picture of Carl and I, sadly).

But none of that is why I'm still up. I am still up because at the very end of the night, a friend sitting next to me offered to get me a cup of coffee. I agreed. What I was thinking, I don't know. But I drank about half of it, and it must have been super-caffeinated, because I am completely wired. I want to be tired. Before CeeCee woke up, I was lying in bed trying to sleep. It wasn't working.

Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day, and it will start no later than 6 am. I need to go to sleep. However, my body is not cooperating. Caffeine hasn't always had this affect on me. In college, it didn't seem to do anything. Maybe it's because for the most part now, I'm well-rested. In college and for the years of little sleep because of a baby/toddler awake every few hours, all the caffeine in the world didn't seem to keep me up. But now, when I'm mostly rested on a general basis, apparently a little caffeine is all that it takes to keep me up far past my bedtime.

After editing a few more pictures, I will take myself back to bed and give sleep another try. If I can function at all by tomorrow afternoon, I'll try to catch up on posts, too. Maybe I'll have another cup of coffee.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Strangely enough, it effects me now, too. Though not through coffee (who ARE you?!) - just through soda. I went cold turkey when Juliana was born and only started again because I was falling asleep at work! It's a beautiful thing, eh?! :)

Tiffany said...

I can totally relate. I have to cut myself off at no later than 5:00 or I am up until at least 11pm. Are we getting old?