Monday, November 19, 2007

November 15th--love this baby!

CeeCee is a very sweet baby. She still sleeps a lot, and is very mellow when she's awake. She does cry, but only if she's hungry, tired, or in need of a diaper change. And for the most part, I can anticipate these three scenarios so she doesn't cry much.

She is also the happiest, smiliest baby I've ever seen. She wakes up from a deep sleep and just smiles at whoever she can see. She giggles and laughs all the time, too--sometimes hysterically. And for no real reason except that she's really excited to see you!

She's getting really strong


and she finally likes tummy time. She gets her hands in her mouth now, and loves to hold onto her snuggly taggie blanket, made by Grandma Barb. CeeCee mostly doesn't get into toys yet, but she is finally opening up her hands and batting. She just loves people, though, and that's her best kind of toy.

Since I get asked a lot--we don't have any idea how long she'll be with us. It's not imminent, that much I know. We'll be having a meeting with the caseworker, bio mom, placement worker, us, probably an out-of-state relative by phone. It should be in early December. After that, we'll know a bit more of what direction they are planning on for CeeCee.

She has completely won us over for now, though. She's just a little doll.

No comments: