Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 13th--Monterey Bay

I spent the weekend at Asilomar for a Women's Retreat. The views of the Monterey Bay are incredible, and one of the best parts of the retreat is getting to sit out on the rocks for prayer and meditation. On Sunday morning, I took some time to take a few pictures, as well.

My friend Nicole walking the beach


The surf was incredible






I saw something in the water that looked living, so I snapped quite a few photos. When I got home, I zoomed in and realized I was right--though I still don't know if it's a seal or a sea otter.


It was not a normal spot to see it, whatever it was.


I then saw something even farther out, past where most of the waves were cresting. Do you see the black spot in the middle of the picture?


When I cropped those pictures, though, I saw that it was a living creature of a different kind...


I saw several more divers entering as I was leaving, too.

Other highlights of the retreat include: driving down and back with Allie, sharing a room with Allie and Nicole (even if we couldn't stop talking long enough to go to bed early ;), the speaker, Jan Johnson, her session on meditation, and my Saturday long run with Heather. The only sad part was that Gail, my mother-in-law, couldn't go this year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your pictures, Heather - especially the action waves! I missed being part of the weekend with you but I'm looking forward to next year! Thanks for the visual highlights.
Love, Mom