Sunday, January 20, 2008

January 20th--A brand new year!

OK, the year is starting to fade away from "new" and into "settled". Many have already forgotten the turn to 2008. Yet here it is, my first blog entry of the year. No matter, I have pictures and I will probably get caught up. Just to keep continuity and order, I will date the entries correctly, so if you're interested (Hi, Mom!) make sure to scroll down in the next few days and check for new entries.

2008 ushered into our house with sickness. While Erik was sick a few days before Christmas, it hit me the day after Christmas, and again two weeks ago. Somehow, the oldest person in our household (me) got the ear infection, while the two youngest (Anders and CeeCee) have been blessedly healthy for most of this month. Now that I am finally feeling somewhat normal again, I'm ready to get caught up.

A quiet Sunday afternoon presents the perfect time. The rest of the week, every time I sit down at the computer I'm faced with the knowledge that I should really work on the next week's Sunday School lessons. I'm writing the curriculum this year, a series based on the Fruit of the Spirit. So I have the responsibility of planning for and writing 4 lessons, for our 4 classes. Now, I don't actually work on it every time I sit down. But I'm faced with the knowledge that I should work on it, and that often keeps me from any productive work.

But today, we're just a few hours past this week's lesson. I know what we'll be doing next week, and I don't have the pressure to get it written right this minute. So I can relax and do something that is just fun. Or at least before the boys get their turn on the computer for Sunday afternoon fun.

1 comment:

bvanwechel said...

Yea!Heather!!
love, Mom