Last Saturday, we took our first foster baby, who is now 9 days old.
On Tuesday, I had all 4 wisdom teeth out.
My wisdom teeth no longer hurt, but the molar that caused the "emergency" extraction, which needs a root canal yesterday, is killing me.
I lost 7 lbs this week (busy from baby, then not eating much because of my mouth--good, but not necessarily the best way to train for a race!).
I haven't been on a run since April 30th.
I woke up this morning with the baby at 4am.
And....
I ran my first half marathon race this morning. :)
1:58:54 (152/317 total)
I was so surprised at my time, because I felt soooooo much slower than that. I have never had that much of a hard time running. My legs were just dead. They had no aid stations the second half of the race, and I was dying for some fuel. The wind was coming strong at 20-30 mph off of the Bay for over half of the race. I had to walk a few little stretches (which I never do in a run). We started 30 minutes late (disorganized 1st year race), which threw off my morning preparations. They only had one sign that told us what mile we were on--and it was wrong! (it was a 3.1 miles, and the sign said 4 miles. LOL!)
Anyway, about mile 7 I decided that I just needed to get through the race, I was just wiped out. I couldn't really tell how far I had to go, and I was just so tired. I felt like I was just plodding along. At one point, I started to walk and some sweet soul came up behind me and cheered me on, reminding me I had all afternoon to walk, and we were almost done. That did get me to run it out, even if I felt like I was barely moving. I really felt like I'd be the last runner, or at least at 2:30 total time. I was in shock when I saw the clock.
Of course, when I saw that I did much better than I thought, I wish I would have pushed myself more ;) There's always the next race, though. :)
Happy Mother's Day to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment