Thursday, May 31, 2007

May 29th

Somehow, I managed to pull off a highly-scheduled day with 4 kids, 2 of them newborns. In the early morning, I made muffins. At 8:45, we left and arrived early at our destination, a 9am visit at a small preschool co-op we’re considering for Anders next year. We all played there from 9-10:15. When we left, we went to Jordan Park, our favorite nearby park to have our weekly playgroup. The kids had a great time together.

Then it was home for lunch and a frantic search for the library books that were due. It took digging through two baskets and one shelf before I turned up “The Dinosaur Who Lives in My Backyard”, but I found it. We then left for the library for storytime. We had missed 3 weeks in a row, and the boys were anxious to get there. R. had a visit with his family and was gone from 1:30-4:30, so I just had one baby with me. As I lugged a huge bag of books into the library, I vowed to limit my new picks so I could get to the car without throwing out my back. Of course, presented with a library full of books, I just couldn’t do it. I actually think the bag was heavier going out than going in.

Because I promised I wasn’t going to go back and catch up on every day, here’s a picture from May 19th. I made a cheesecake! While this may not seem like a huge feat, and it’s not exactly the most beautiful picture, this cheesecake is special. It’s the first time I’ve made one gluten and egg free. I first had to make my graham crackers, so that I could crumble them for the crust. But the cake was delicious. My boys wouldn’t eat it (we took it to friends’ house) because they heard it called “cheese” cake. All the more for me, I say! This one was very light. My cookbook also had a recipe for New York Cheesecake, and I’ll try that one next. I have to wait until I have somewhere to bring it, though, as I will have no problem eating the entire thing by myself.

This is one of the first pictures taken with my new camera, the night I got it.

No comments: