This morning at about 2:30, both babies woke up at the same time. Now, the same thing happened yesterday, but I stayed half-asleep through the entire time, and I only have fuzzy memories of it. I do remember that it was a little crazy at times, trying to feed both of them at the same time.
But I was talking about today. They both woke up at the same time, and both were ready for a bottle now. Of course, I didn't have bottles made up yet. One of these days I'll make them up before bed, because trying to juggle two fussy babies at the same time as I make two bottles ranks right up there with activities I don't want to do.
As I fed them, I realized that I can do this. R was in the sling, G was in my arms. I stayed awake (barely, at times), because when I fall asleep, someone ends up choking on their bottle. I successfully burped G, and got R ready to burp. I then reswaddled G, and put her back down in her crib.
Now I'm letting R sleep upright on my chest for awhile. He burped, had a little more of his bottle, and fell asleep. But if I put him down, he'll probably wake up really grumpy, so I'm giving him a bit more time. The sling makes it possible to type at the same time as I hold him, though it doesn't help me keep my eyes open. I'm really exhausted tonight, and I pray that the struggle of having them both awake at the same time will net me 2-3 hours straight of sleep.
So far it's not too hard, at least in the daytime. They've nicely alternated eating times. While that means I'm giving a bottle for a long time in a row, it also gives me time to get other things done or play with the big boys. Yesterday they both napped really well. Of course, I had to wake G up for a bottle after 3 hours (several times!), and she hasn't slept that long at all overnight. And I know I'll be tired tomorrow--this may turn me into a coffee drinker.
I think R is ready for me to put him down; thus ends this rambling post. Tomorrow I will try to add some pictures from last few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment