The weather was cold, but not unbearable, and there was no snow. No snow makes me happy, but disappoints the boys (including Carl), so then I'm not quite as happy. We enjoyed lots of football, Legos, and books inside. I got to run every morning, and the boys, Carl, and Gramma took some nice walks to the lake.
Our Thanksgiving meal was delicious, and included a turkey on the grill with most of the traditional sides. The only difficulty was the malfunctioning freezer, which we managed to work through by declaring our ice cream more like whipped cream, which wasn't all that bad on pumpkin pie and apple crisp, anyway.
On Saturday morning, we went to the Nevada side to visit with one of Erik's classmates and her family. Their Tahoe house is very near a ski resort, and the resort had manufactured snow! The weather was warm (in the 40s), so we all enjoyed a walk to sled and play in the white stuff.
I wasn't in the mood to take many pictures, but I did get a few to represent the fun we had.
No comments:
Post a Comment