Thursday, February 07, 2008

Budding photographer

Last year Erik received a kids' digital camera for his birthday from Grandma Barb and Grandpa Rick. He loved taking various pictures, and I loved that he could throw it down wherever he wanted. However, earlier this fall he experimented with clay on the lens and shutter. Those of us who have been around cameras for awhile will instinctively know this wasn't the best experiment. It was an enlightening moment for Erik, and losing his camera was hard.

However, time builds trust (or is it that time erases memories?) and I have recently started allowing Erik to use our older Canon PowerShot to take pictures and videos. He has shown himself to be very responsible and careful with the camera, though I know that may be short-lived (There is a "No clay next to the camera rule", though!). At any rate, here's a picture I took of him taking a picture of CeeCee.



And speaking of CeeCee, could she live in this house and not develop an affinity for books? I'm sure she's a budding reader... or it's just that she really likes paper. No matter, she seeks out the books on the floor no matter what other toys are around.

No comments: