Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hugs

CeeCee has recently started giving me hugs. These are real hugs, too. When I pick her up, especially if she's getting fussy, she hugs me tight right at my neck. Sometimes she then gives me an open-mouthed baby kiss. Both expressions of love are beautiful.

Anders has been exceptionally affectionate the past few weeks, as well. His favorite activity right now is to lie on the couch with me while I read to him (normally a Magic Tree House book, but sometimes I can sneak in a few that I enjoy reading outloud more). Today he said that he loves to snuggle me because I'm the "coziest". His hugs are all-out, I'm-still-3-even-if-I'm-almost-4 hugs, and I love our snuggle time.

Erik still hugs, but not with as much oomph as the two littles. Most of our "hug" time takes place when he's going to bed, and we snuggle. Sometimes I only have it in me to do a few minutes, and sometimes we snuggle for 10-15 minutes. Occasionally during the day he'll ask for, or accept, a hug from me, but not so often anymore. It's interesting to consider how he's changed, and how his hugs used to be tight baby hugs, then snuggly preschooler hugs, and now they are the hugs of a boy, still a child yet growing quickly. I still know we are connected, and I love our relationship, even as it has changed over the years.

2 comments:

Christin@Pregnant with power tools said...

CeeCee is growing up so fast! Those baby hugs and kisses are the best. Now that CeeCee is crawling, standing and more interactive (and pretty early too!), we'll have to visit with Finn sometime. I know he'll love to crawl around with her. :)
- Christin

Becca said...

Oh - cute to get the hugs. I love baby hugs...but can't even STAND to think about big girl hugs.