Anders looking for the cherries
It was the end of cherry season in northern California, but we still had plenty to pick.
The start of one bucket
CeeCee crawling around
She got into sampling the cherries, too
Yum!
Anders had a lot of fun picking, but for some reason didn't eat any while we were there! Notice the clean face
Playing on our way out. His shirt has cherry juice from sticky hands--some of the cherries were very sticky on the tree.
We ended up picking 30 pounds of cherries! My mom and I had fun pitting them over the next two days and freezing them. I also made a few cherry crisps, which were delicious. I thought the cherries would give us some of that summer fruit in the dead of winter. However, Carl and I have discovered the joy of eating frozen cherries, and we'll be lucky to make it through September!
1 comment:
30 pounds of cherries?! WOW!! The pictures look like everyone had fun and the kids are so cute!!! :)
Post a Comment