Monday, July 14, 2008

Ten year celebration

Thanks to the generosity of Carl's parents, and the willingness to take all three children for 3 days by my parents, Carl and I were able to celebrate our ten year anniversary (which is in August) in Chicago at the end of June.

It was a wonderful time for us. We enjoyed the relaxing together, and I very much enjoyed the few days/nights with no responsibilities for anyone but myself. This was the longest I've been away (though only by a night--I've twice gone away for 2 nights without the kids).

Our highlight was Tuesday morning. We decided that we wanted to experience the lakefront. I thought a run would be nice, but Carl didn't want to run more than a mile or so, since he's not a runner. He wanted to bike, but though I like biking, I like running more. So he rented a bike, and biked alongside me as I ran.

The start


The city


Me running


We went about 5 1/2 miles north (from Navy Pier), then turned around and ran back.


After hitting Navy Pier, we kept going south, going to the museum campus before turning around. There was more to see, so Carl took quite a few pictures in this stretch.




I took a few of Carl biking, too










A few times, Carl missed the shot he wanted, and made me turn around and run it again so he could get it lined up perfectly. I was willing.




All together, we covered 17 beautiful Chicago miles.

1 comment:

J. Folken said...

I'm so jealous! I do want to go back and visit in the worst way. And our 10 years is next year...but I'm not sure we'll get to get away! :)