Sunday, December 14, 2008

Advent candle lighting

In our church, each week a different family lights the advent candle. It involves lighting the candle(s), sharing a Christmas memory, reading scripture, and praying. This Sunday was the Hetler family's turn. My role was to share a memory, and ideally tying it into the sermon topic. I'm not sure how well I did that, but I thought I would share here, too. I have many, many Christmas memories; listing them would take hours. But the first two that always come to mind are my dad reading the Christmas story from Luke 2 before we opened our presents on Christmas Eve, and my dad singing O Holy Night.

We took some pictures after the service.
From December 2008


From December 2008


The best picture of CeeCee in Advent apparel #3 (I still don't have 2, and I may try to retake this one, too). Too bad, because I actually have red, white, and green barrettes in her hair--I matched!

From December 2008

No comments: