Wednesday, February 14, 2007

February 11th--Guitar like Grandpa

Anders loves playing my guitar. In fact, I seldom get to play it because as soon as I pull it out, he wants to play. I'm glad to foster his love of music, so I gladly give it up. Amazingly, he hasn't broken any strings, since he also loves to "tune it" himself.

In December, Grandpa Rick played guitar at a church service, while I sang (along with a few other people). He used the strap when he played at home and at church, and Anders finally understood the purpose of it (before, it had been in the guitar case, but I'd never used it). He loved listening to Grandpa play the guitar, and he wants to play just like Grandpa.

So a few days ago he asked me to put the strap on the guitar, so he could play "like Grandpa". I did, and this cuteness is the result

From February 2007


He now walks around the play room like this, strumming and singing and holding on for dear life. I think if he let go of the support hand on the guitar, he may choke himself with the strap.

He also imitates "Teacher Sharon", the teacher who leads the music for his class at Community Bible Study on Wednesdays. He puts on the guitar says, "Hi! I'm Teacher Sharon. We're going to sing some songs!" then launches into "Good Morning, Jesus" and the rest of his CBS repertoire.

No comments: