There's something so special about that time with Dad. They seem to save up all of their creative ideas for him, which then burst out when they see him. "Dad, let's play dinosaurs!" "Dad, let's play Bible school!" "Dad! Watch me!"
As they run around together, playing chase, or bears, or blocks, they are forging a strong bond. Erik and Anders know without a doubt that they are loved deeply by their dad. He makes time for them, does things for them, wrestles and hugs them, and affirms them with positive words. He loves them in many different ways, so that they will never doubt that love.
As they grow older, I know that relationship will change. They won't want to play dinosaurs forever, and it may be that Erik won't always be thrilled to learn every detail of the Bible. Yet, as they grow, so does Carl's love for his boys. I know that the wasy in which he shows that love will change as they do, that love will still be shown. What a blessing to them, and to me, to have a Dad so committed to his children.
All of that leads to the fact that I took few pictures on Wednesday! Here's a picture of our fruit bowl, just so that I can say I took at least one picture.
![]() |
| From February 2007 |

No comments:
Post a Comment