Well, almost. The kids did get bathed, but then I decided to clean their bathroom as I was cleaning up the splashed water. Then I finally went to take my own shower, and decided to clean our bathroom, too, and forgot to check the clock. By the time I finished my shower, I had exactly 15 minutes to get dressed, dry my hair, get the kids dressed, get the diaper bag packed, get the extra food in case Erik couldn't eat the lunch, and get in the car.
I got myself dressed, decided it was raining anyway so I didn't need to dry my hair, and then emerged from my room to find out that CeeCee had amused herself by finding Anders's cereal bowl, dumping it all out, then dumping the entire box of cereal. Of course, she was already dressed. I grabbed her dress off of her, rinsed out the milk, and threw it in the dryer. Vacuumed up the cereal, and wiped up the milk. Got the boys dressed, got the diaper bag packed, got the boys in the car, pulled out CeeCee's still damp dress and put it on her anyway, and put her in the car.
About 5 minutes into the drive, I realized that I'd forgotten the rice bread for Erik. I told him about it so he wouldn't get too upset later, then hoped that the food would include something without gluten. We were already going to be almost late, so I didn't turn around.
As it happened, the rest of the morning went smoothly, and the food Erik could eat included tortilla chips, brown rice, chile pork, and corn tortillas. Perfect!
CeeCee's dress was still damp when we got to the nursery, so they pulled it off of her and threw it in the dryer again! Of course, at lunch she proceeded to dump water down her front anyway.
But we made it until Carl got home, and then I left for a fun book club meeting. It was nice to get a break!
No comments:
Post a Comment