It's been raining a lot, and that's a very good thing. Today I went out for a run in the morning. When I first looked outside, there was no rain. I got dressed, got my shoes on, and stepped outside; a light, misty rain had started. I thought about bagging the run, but I knew I'd feel better if I went. Before too long, however, it was no longer misty, but a relatively heavy rain. Of course, once I get wet, there's no need to turn around. I like running in the rain, once I'm out, especially when it's not too cold.
My only downfall was that I had on cotton pants instead of running shorts. Once cotton gets wet, it gets really heavy. Especially once the downpour started. However, I still ran 4 miles, which was what I wanted to run after taking the past week off.
Erik had the day off of school for parent-teacher conferences. He wanted to play Didj all morning (his current "addiction"), but we told him he needed to wait until the afternoon, and gave him some "assignments" for the morning. He read several books, did a fuse bead project, and experimented with lemon juice as an acid (we were out of vinegar, and he had the added fun of getting lemons from the tree, and figuring out how many it took to get enough juice), and Carl taught him the Pythagorean Theorum. Carl asked him to write about one of the books he read. He was reluctant, as he just wanted to tell us about it. He did it, though it was very uninspired. However, it does show how much improved his handwriting is--we were very impressed! His teacher uses the Slingerland method, and I really like what I know of it.
(small side note--it actually is grammatically correct. Read "Judy and Stink" as the title of the book; though the book title really was "Holly Joliday", it's about Judy and Stink.)
In the afternoon, Erik finally got to play Didj, and Anders and CeeCee played together a lot. Anders loved the rain, and played outside in the rain. CeeCee had her fun with puddle jumping when we picked Anders up from school, so she stayed inside for Round 2. After the rain play, Anders decided to take a bath, and CeeCee joined him. He was really in the mood to get wet, as later in the afternoon the boys went swimming at the Y.
| From March 2009 |
| From March 2009 |
1 comment:
always fun to see the updates. :) I never care where you start - it's just great to keep up with your lives. :)
Post a Comment