I got my compost bin started! We realized we had a spigot in the back of the house, so we added a hose to it, and I have my water source. I worked for over 2 hours, and was able to get it just over 1/3 full. I cannot believe how exhausting it was. Whew. I think we have enough material (green and brown) to fill at least 2 more compost bins this size, but I can't handle it right now. It was really satisfying to chop up our fruit and vegetable scraps and add them to the pile. Now I just have to figure out if I can compost other food scraps. I know I can't do meat, but I've read a few places that say I can do grains, and other places that say no. That's the problem with the internet sometimes... I have far too much information for my own good.
Here's Anders wearing an outfit from Grandma. I do believe this is the first day since we've been back that he hasn't worn a planets shirt (which were embroidered by Grandma):
And, hooray! My new lens came in the mail today. It's a new lens, but it just replaces the lens that I previously broke when I dropped my camera on vacation. I remain thankful that there was no damage to the body, and that the lens was the most inexpensive lens I have. Nevertheless, it's my favorite lens, so I was glad to get it again.
Here's a portrait of Erik taken as soon as I got it unpacked and on the camera:
No comments:
Post a Comment