We decided to miss the first part of the eclipse, and woke up just before the midpoint of the total eclipse. We woke Erik up right away at 3, and he sat out back and watched the moon.
I got out the tripod and attempted to take pictures. I should have practiced with my tripod and night settings, because it was really hard for me to get a good picture.
At around 3:30, two friends came over. Carl goes on a monthly full moon hike with this group, but only a few were willing to wake up in the middle of the night for this hike. We woke up Anders and went on a brief "hike" to a higher point.
I tried the tripod again.
After a toast to the moon, we came home and watched the eclipse fade. I really struggled with the pictures at this point. Carl finally had the bright idea to use the timer on the camera while it was on the tripod, and that helped. I didn't get any good pictures of the early part.
The non-eclipsed full moon was incredibly bright compared to the eclipsed moon.
Carl went back to sleep, but the rest of the family is awake. It was worth it, though, to be able to experience a total eclipse.
No comments:
Post a Comment