Saturday, April 21, 2007

April 16th--Happy Birthday

Carl turned 31 today! We had a full day of fun, starting with a morning run/play at Mills College. I run around the track while Carl and the boys play soccer, baseball, and football on the field. We bring food with for them to eat breakfast, and Carl runs a mile with me while they eat. We all enjoy the time (and it definitely makes time on the track much more interesting when I can watch them playing).

After Erik got home from school, we relaxed and had lunch, then went to Lake Merritt to walk around the lake and play on the playground. There were many caterpillars on the ground, and the boys spent quite a bit of time playing with them.

Anders looking at a caterpillar


Erik trying to run away from a picture--I was too fast, though!




Erik and Carl


I have more pictures, but they will have to be added later as I'm having difficulty getting any pictures uploaded to Picasa today.

We returned home to prepare Carl's birthday dinner. We had amazing pork spareribs, cooked all day in the slow cooker, with some barbecue sauce we all could eat. Carl also requested sauteed spinach with garlic, sauteed baby bok choy with soy sauce, and potatoes (I roasted baby potatoes). We added a green salad, and enjoyed wacky cake and ice cream for dessert. Anders was wiped out and had to go to bed early (he ate his food before us), but Carl's parents came over for dinner as well.

After dinner, Carl had a leadership board meeting for church, and then his last regular-season game for his basketball league. Carl's report--it was a great day!

No comments: