Monday, April 02, 2007

April 1st--No fools here

A typical (in schedule) Sunday, but a special one, too. The kids had their Palm Sunday participation in the service. I don't have any pictures, but hopefully we'll get some from some of the other parents. At the last moment, not only was I in charge, but I was in the program. My feeling was--I'm glad the kids were cute! It certainly wasn't perfect, and it certainly wasn't all scripted. Erik fell off the steps, then bounced back up saying, "I'm OK!". The younger kids had the most fun tickling each other with the palm branches. In the second song, I felt like the only one singing, but watching the little ones jumping up and down was great.

The kids in the skit had their lines down, though, and they did a nice job. Erik loved it, of course. He had his two lines memorized after the first read-through, and definitely loves performing. It goes way beyond reciting a line for him--he is truly performing.

After church and Sunday School, we had one family over for lunch. It was a great time--Erik and their little boy (4 1/2), who have known each other the whole time we've been here, really played well together, bonding over the Bob the Builder toys. We also found a big spider outside on the railing, my picture for the day.

No comments: