We went to visit a friend I know online, Stacy, and her family. I've wanted to meet Stacy for a long time, as online we seem to have a lot in common. It was great fun to meet her. We talked about how odd it can be to invite a complete stranger into your home, since although we "know" a lot about each other, we'd never met before. I'm glad she did, though, because it was a wonderful time. She and her husband have 4 great kids. They graciously shared their toys (well, the baby didn't really share her toys, but she did share her personal space, as both Erik and Anders loved on her in a major way!) and their home for the afternoon. Stacy made us chocolate chip cookies and a great dinner, too.
It's a fun experience to meet someone for the first time when you know them pretty well already. It's also wonderful to spend time with a good friend, someone who really gets me. I really wished that we could live closer to each other. Carl and I even said that we could live there--coming from two professing urban lovers, that's a big statement!
In other fun, Anders decided he wanted a scooter, even after riding it down the ramp on the deck and falling off. He cried for a few minutes, nursed for a brief moment, then jumped up and asked for the scooter so that he could try again. The tenacity of children is amazing. Of course, I helped him down the ramp the second time, and then directed him elsewhere. He is, after all, only 3.
Erik connected pretty quickly with the other boys, something that can be difficult for him. He still found ways to get his "alone time" in--especially loving the fort under the deck. The trampoline was a great connecting point. It also helped that Stacy's kids have Stacy as a mom, I'm sure. Our parenting styles are really similar, so it helped our kids relate well. Her kids are a pleasure.
Here's Erik on the trampoline:

This was as close to the trampoline that Anders would go:

Playing together:
No comments:
Post a Comment