Thursday, April 26, 2007

April 19th

Innocent fun in the sink?
From April end 2007


It was another Thursday afternoon without Grampa, as he was in Michigan for the week. I had to take CPR for foster care training in the morning, so we didn't go to Anders' classes. Then, last week we got home so late from music class that it threw off Anders and his sleeping. Right now he's in a phase where if we miss his "sleep window", he will NOT fall asleep. He is capable of talking to himself, playing quietly in his bed, and other such amusements, for hours at a time. And right now his sleep window seems to be 5:15-5:30.

Anyway, so we decided to stay home from Erik's music class, as well. We were all a little grumpy and tired, though, and it seemed like a good time to play in the sink. Of course, I don't call it a "cheater's floor washing" for nothing. What looked like innocent fun, was really the start of a plot to create a...



Waterfall! After they moved from cloths dripping water on the floor to containers of water poured on the floor, even I reached my limit. But before I cut off the flow, Anders had spent over an hour playing in the water, with Erik joining him for about half of that time. I used quite a few towels to dry up the mess, but I got a clean floor and entertained kids out of it--it definitely was worth it!

No comments: