Thursday, March 08, 2007

March 4th--Meeting Juliana

My niece was born on March 1st, and though I didn't have plans to fly out there once she was born, once she was born, I really wanted to make it work out. Thankfully Carl was gracious and flexible enough to allow me to leave California on Sunday afternoon, and stay until Tuesday night. My flight was easy, and Juliana is the cutest little girl ever. I never knew such a tiny thing could look so cute! No squishy red newborn face for her.

The pictures I took of Juliana were taken on either Becca's camera or Mom's camera, as I somehow managed to forget mine at home! They graciously allowed me to monopolize and take a multitude of shots. I love taking baby photos!

I thought my boys were strong because they were so big (Erik was almost 9 lbs, Anders was 9 1/2 lbs). However, Juliana was just 6 lbs at birth (and 18 inches long), and had just as good of head control. It was taken at the hospital, where I stayed that first night with Becca, as Juliana needed to stay one more night to receive phototherapy for jaundice. I am not holding up her head! That is my thumb on the left side of her neck in the picture, and my index finger and middle finger on the right.

From Juliana

No comments: