Sunday, September 09, 2007

August 31st--A day at the beach

We went to Mount Hermon for Labor Day Family Camp. It's a fun weekend of camp for the boys and lectures/seminars for the parents. Our speakers were Phil Tuttle from Walk Through the Bible and Earl Palmer from University Presbyterian Church in Seattle (he was the pastor at First Pres Berkeley when Carl and his family first started attending). I enjoyed them both, but Phil was my kind of speaker. He was hilarious, and really used humor well to teach from the Bible.

I took very few pictures the whole weekend, surprisingly enough. We were pretty busy, and when I was with the kids, it was mostly just relaxing around the cabin; nothing very exciting for pictures. I did, however, take pictures of our afternoon at the beach in Santa Cruz. We left Oakland on Friday morning (Erik missed his first ever day of kindergarten!) so that we could beat the holiday traffic. That meant we had several hours after we arrived before we could check in at Hermon Mountain (as Anders called it!), so we spent it all at the beach. The sun was warm, the water cold, and the surf strong. Erik enjoyed the water, of course, though the waves were strong enough that he couldn't really play alone in it, at least not safely. Anders enjoyed playing in the sand.









No comments: