Sunday, September 09, 2007

September 8th--Ben and Melissa's Wedding

We had the privilege [thank goodness for the automatic spellcheck on firefox, because the correct spelling of privilege was eluding me tonight!] of attending the wedding of our friends Ben and Melissa. Ben and Carl went to Head-Royce together, from 7th grade through graduation. Their wedding was in San Francisco, at the Interfaith Chapel at the Presidio. The boys and I left after Erik's new musical theater class (scroll down to Steps to Stardom), which left us an hour to get to the wedding; according to Google Maps, it should take us about 40 minutes to get there.

However, traffic was thick (especially heavy for a Saturday) and it took us an hour and 20 minutes. Once we got there, I still had to get the boys dressed (and it was at that moment that I realized that Erik had grown. The shirt he wore for Easter, and even more recently this summer for pictures with Juliana, barely fit him.) We got there right before Melissa walked down the aisle, and got to see her do so. But the chapel was packed, with no room for me to squeeze in with two boys and a baby, so we went downstairs. The boys amused themselves for the duration of the ceremony while I fed CeeCee. It was still wonderful to be a part of such a large group of people gathering to celebrate with Ben and Melissa.

The reception was held at a hostel in Marin County (I can't remember the name, thus I can't locate it online). We drove over the Golden Gate Bridge to get there, so stopped just after we crossed to look back.



(It was a fog-never-clears kind of day over most of San Francisco and Marin)





Once at the reception, we started trying to stall the inevitable meltdown by our boys. The reception started at 4:30, when we're normally gearing down for the night with Anders. They did OK, but were starting to get whiny. We finally headed downstairs to where our tables were, and Erik played with the crayons on the kids' table for quite awhile as we waited for dinner. After dinner was served, we stayed long enough for me to enjoy the wonderful salad and fish, and then the boys and I packed it up. Both kids fell asleep on the way home.





By the time we left, there were 8 deer out grazing in the field next to the hostel

No comments: