CeeCee is doing well. I don't think I updated that--we chose CeeCee as a nickname, as her given name is rather awkward for me. She is a little peanut of a girl, probably still just under or right at 7 lbs (she was 6 lbs 10 oz a week and a half ago). Most of her clothing is far too big on her, even the newborn clothing.
She is mostly an "easy" baby, sleeping a lot in the day, and sleeping relatively well at night, though she does often stay awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night. I've been recently using that time to clean or do my Bible study, as I get frustrated if I just sit and wait for her to sleep.
When she is awake in the daytime long enough to play, she's smiling, cooing, and loves to interact. She just started kicking at the toys in the gymini, too.
Right now we know she'll be here until she is able to be adopted by her aunt. This aunt is out-of-state, so it may be quite a few months. We are very much enjoying her presence in our family.
2 comments:
Oh, wonderful! Her aunt will be so grateful for the pictures you take and any notes about her progress.
The pics we have of Alex from the 2 years before he was placed with us are invaluable. Seriously. He looks at the scrapbook I made with them quite often. He needs that reassurance that he was well loved, I think. It breaks my heart a little, but it would be so much worse for him if we didn't have the pictures, etc.
Thanks, Jeni. I haven't done well at writing everything down, but I definitely have pictures.
Post a Comment