I think it went well, all things considered. I can guarantee it will be better by the end of the year, though! I kept my script out, instead of having it all memorized, because I wasn't sure of it completely. We didn't necessarily fill the time as well as we will, and I can see that there will be plenty of time for crafts that relate to the lesson, which I'm glad to see.
Anders was so excited about getting to go to Awana. However, I was concerned about him staying up that late, as he wouldn't get to sleep until at least 8:45. Since he normally goes to sleep no later than 5:30, that is very late. The most he can sleep in is about 8:30, which even if it happened (and it would be a small miracle), would still be just under 12 hours of sleep. He needs about 13, optimally. Anyway, I decided to put him to bed at 5 or so, then wake him up for Awana. It seemed like a good plan.
It was impossible to wake him up. Carl tried, one of the little girls tried. He just wouldn't wake up.
So we're going to try letting him stay up next week, which, in my mind, is flirting with disaster. I suppose ideally he'll fall asleep after Grampa picks him up from preschool on Thursdays, since they'll have a bit of a drive.
Erik, however, was wide awake and ready to go for his first year as a Hiker in the Sparks level (K-3rd grade). This should be his first year in Awana, but we let him start last year since he was technically old enough to be in K in the public schools. It will cause a bit of a problem when he's in 3rd grade, but I've always maintained I can worry about that when we get there. He passed 2 sections on his first night.
Here are a few of my Cubbies during Play Time. I also got wonderful pictures of each one to use on their handbooks.
No comments:
Post a Comment