Wake up at 4:30, and breakfast at 5:30!
I guess the church picnic really wore Anders out, as he fell asleep while nursing when I totally wasn't expecting it. I looked down, and he was out. He was incredibly happy at 4:30 in the morning; as he puts it, he was "happy, happy, happy!"
The hopes and dreams of a mom can be so simple. Right now I find myself dreaming of a time when I can wake up every morning when I'm ready to wake up, not when the first child wakes up. OK, I know that doing foster care for newborn is sort of contraindicative with that dream. Yet, still, I find myself longing to wake up before I hear "mom! Where are you?"
Sometimes I dream of uninterrupted conversations. It's not that I am annoyed by my children; that only happens when I'm overtired, which, ironically, happens when they wake me up too early. But in general I love their thoughts and contributions to conversations. I just have a hard time focusing on a good day; when you add in "not sleeping" and "trying to do too much at once", I find it really difficult to have a conversation when I know my kids will either need something from me or want to tell me something. This is one big factor in why I don't talk on the phone very often.
Dreaming aside, we had a great time at the park in the morning (which felt like the afternoon, after getting up at 4 with the baby, and staying up with Anders once she went back to sleep). I got a lot of cute pictures of this sweet 2-year-old
Jacob and Anders had a lot of fun playing!
No comments:
Post a Comment